noun• informal , chiefly North American
- A purveyor of cheap or trashy goods.More example sentences
- After all, they weren't fly-by-night schlockmeisters with a reputation for creative bookkeeping.
- House on Haunted Hill is a remake of a 1959 Vincent Price movie directed by schlockmeister William Castle.
- He was pulling off the tricky balancing act of his early years as a commercial moviemaker, operating as both schlockmeister and auteur of dark, existential fables.
early 20th century: from schlock + German Meister 'master'.
More definitions of schlockmeisterDefinition of schlockmeister in:
- The British & World English dictionary