nounNorth American or • historical
- A local board or authority responsible for the provision and maintenance of schools.More example sentences
- The White County school board voted in July to end all noncurricular clubs.
- They are ‘private schools’ with a charter granted by a local school board or a county or state board.
- But I have recently observed how elected library boards and school boards and town planning authorities give the electors pride of possession and confer a visible sense of obligation on board members and employees.
More definitions of school boardDefinition of school board in:
- The British & World English dictionary