A person who teaches in a school.
- Mother told me he was a schoolteacher but not a teacher at my school!
- Opposition MPs and education advocates are calling on the government to allow schoolteachers and professors an exemption from copyright restrictions.
- He finally abandoned academic qualifications and appointed a collection of pharmacists, country doctors, schoolteachers, and governesses.
- Example sentences
- In sharp contrast to the men, a number of the unmarried women graduates who had stayed in schoolteaching confessed to some anxiety about their economic circumstances.
- Following an attack of polio in 1924, she gave up schoolteaching and produced the first full-length book of short stories based on the character she had previously written about for magazines.
- She was a delightful conversationalist who enjoyed telling me something of life and schoolteaching in Brittany under more normal conditions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.