- Work assigned students by their teachers in school: Brother could do any schoolwork put to him, but he’d answer any spoken question with “I don’t know.”More example sentences
- An avid student, Edmond excelled at his schoolwork, and was thought of as his school's best poet.
- She drowned herself in her schoolwork and the school paper, doing her best and doing more than what was asked of her.
- My life had settled into the monotony of school, schoolwork, and school tension; nothing else.
Although the distinction can be made between schoolwork as work assigned to be completed in school and homework as work assigned to be completed at home, in practice people often use schoolwork to mean the same as homework: they had to do their schoolwork at the kitchen table .
More definitions of schoolworkDefinition of schoolwork in:
- The British & World English dictionary