- A black iron-rich variety of tourmaline.More example sentences
- Sprays of black schorl in quartz are some of its most sought-after minerals.
- Here it was associated with quartz, albite, schorl, muscovite, and microcline in the intermediate zone.
- Most have some collectible minerals such as beryl, garnet, and schorl, and a few have lithium minerals.
late 18th century: from German Schörl, of unknown origin.
More definitions of schorlDefinition of schorl in:
- The British & World English dictionary