- A plant of the lily family that typically bears small blue star- or bell-shaped flowers and glossy straplike leaves, native to Eurasia and temperate Africa.
More example sentences
- Genus Scilla, family Liliaceae
- The hoop petticoat narcissus, snowdrops, scillas, and crocus are perhaps the most delightful subjects for the purpose.
- Spring kicks off with two million crocuses followed by 900,000 daffodils and 300,000 scillas planted under the trees.
- On the south side of the manor house, he planted a large alpine meadow with masses of scillas, daffodils, anemomes and fritillarias.
modern Latin, from Latin scilla 'sea onion', from Greek skilla.
More definitions of scillaDefinition of scilla in:
- The British & World English dictionary