- A short sword with a curved blade that broadens toward the point, used originally in Eastern countries.More example sentences
- Other items include Russian swords, scimitars and a shield from Turkey.
- At the wrist, the blade became smoother, becoming a short scimitar that extended nearly a foot forward.
- Each rider carried one of many weapons - a wicked scimitar, a powerful lance, or a flail.
mid 16th century: from French cimeterre or Italian scimitarra, of unknown origin.
More definitions of scimitarDefinition of scimitar in:
- The British & World English dictionary