Definition of scintigraphy in English:
A technique in which a scintillation counter or similar detector is used with a radioactive tracer to obtain an image of a bodily organ or a record of its functioning.
- The diagnostic relevance of other techniques (ultrasonography, evacuation scintigraphy, pelvic floor magnetic resonance imaging, etc) is under evaluation.
- Nuclear medicine scintigraphy can image the entire axial and appendicular skeleton to detect distant sites of osseous metastases.
- They include plain radiographs, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasonography, and bone scintigraphy.
- Example sentences
- Therefore, researchers have attempted to evaluate the role of motility dysfunction in nonulcer dyspepsia by conducting scintigraphic studies of gastric emptying, manometry, and electrogastrography.
- Chest radiographs and a scintigraphic bone scan were negative.
- Increased scintigraphic uptake was bilateral in 10 patients and unilateral in 4.
Definition of scintigraphy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia