- Inflammation of the sclera.More example sentences
- Conditions requiring referral to an ophthalmologist are orbital cellulitis, hyphaema, scleritis, iritis or uveitis, acute angle closure glaucoma, and corneal abrasions (unless very superficial).
- Among the variations of scleritis, necrotizing scleritis with inflammation is the most destructive.
- The four main causes of painful red eyes are corneal lesions, uveitis, acute glaucoma, and scleritis.
More definitions of scleritisDefinition of scleritis in:
- The British & World English dictionary