- Feeling or expressing contempt or derision: the justices have been scornful of the government’s conduct scornful laughterMore example sentences
- She swallowed, trying to control her fury as Matt's scornful laughter reached her ears once again.
- Before he could reach it, they opened and a large gang of girls trooped out, howling with scornful laughter.
- She gave him a slightly scornful glance, and he racked his brains to see if he could find the reason for the non sequitur.
- More example sentences
- I gave a derisive snort and laughed scornfully.
- In other writings, he is scornfully dismissive of the idea that there is such a thing as ‘the truth.’
- ‘I know that,’ I said scornfully, my impatience vibrating off the bannisters.