Definition of scornful in English:
Feeling or expressing contempt or derision: the justices have been scornful of the government’s conduct scornful laughter
More example sentences
- She swallowed, trying to control her fury as Matt's scornful laughter reached her ears once again.
- Before he could reach it, they opened and a large gang of girls trooped out, howling with scornful laughter.
- She gave him a slightly scornful glance, and he racked his brains to see if he could find the reason for the non sequitur.
- Example sentences
- I gave a derisive snort and laughed scornfully.
- In other writings, he is scornfully dismissive of the idea that there is such a thing as ‘the truth.’
- ‘I know that,’ I said scornfully, my impatience vibrating off the bannisters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.