1A native of Scotland or a person of Scottish descent.
- Although her art focuses on Scotland's industrial landscapes, Downie is not a native Scot.
- This is the story of a young Scot of Pakistani descent and a young white woman of Irish descent.
- As a Scot I welcome a Scottish Prime Minister, whichever side of the political equation.
1.1A member of a Gaelic people that migrated from Ireland to Scotland around the late 5th century.
- It might be supposed, therefore, that the position of mormaer was a creation of the new Gaelic kingdom of the Scots.
- The non-English parts of the UK have ten million Gaels, Celts, Picts, Irish, Scots and Vikings.
- In 367, the Scots and Picts ignored agreements made with Rome and attacked the frontier.
Old English Scottas (plural), from late Latin Scottus, of unknown ultimate origin.
Words that rhyme with Scotallot, begot, Bernadotte, blot, bot, capot, clot, cocotte, cot, culotte, dot, forgot, garrotte (US garrote), gavotte, got, grot, hot, jot, knot, lot, Mayotte, motte, not, Ott, outshot, plot, pot, rot, sans-culotte, Scott, shallot, shot, slot, snot, sot, spot, squat, stot, swat, swot, tot, trot, undershot, Wat, Watt, what, wot, yacht
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.