1A native of Scotland or a person of Scottish descent.
- Although her art focuses on Scotland's industrial landscapes, Downie is not a native Scot.
- This is the story of a young Scot of Pakistani descent and a young white woman of Irish descent.
- As a Scot I welcome a Scottish Prime Minister, whichever side of the political equation.
1.1A member of a Gaelic people that migrated from Ireland to Scotland around the late 5th century.
- It might be supposed, therefore, that the position of mormaer was a creation of the new Gaelic kingdom of the Scots.
- The non-English parts of the UK have ten million Gaels, Celts, Picts, Irish, Scots and Vikings.
- In 367, the Scots and Picts ignored agreements made with Rome and attacked the frontier.
Old English Scottas (plural), from late Latin Scottus, of unknown ultimate origin.