- Relating to or denoting vision in dim light, believed to involve chiefly the rods of the retina. Often contrasted with photopic.More example sentences
- Visual pigments have also evolved to perform specialized functions, such as color vision and scotopic vision.
- The photopic curve is for normal vision, and the scotopic curve is for eyes that are adjusted to the dark.
- Using an extremely low-light projector and other devices, we get demonstrations of night adaptation, blind spots, mesopic and scotopic vision, peripheral vision, autokinesis and flash blindness.
More definitions of scotopicDefinition of scotopic in:
- The British & World English dictionary