1A showing of a movie, video, or television program.
- It also seeks to prohibit the screening of films, television programs and advertisements without a license.
- More than 3,500 video screenings of the programmes are also planned for villages with limited access to TV and radio.
- A prominent feature of the festivities were public television screenings as cameras filmed a Royal event for the first time.
2The evaluation or investigation of something as part of a methodical survey, to assess suitability for a particular role or purpose.
- Much of the time is spent on screening and investigation of complaints, after an initial scrutiny to check that a complaint was within the jurisdiction of the office.
- This article will describe a process of screening and then evaluating research articles for the purpose of making clinical decisions based on available evidence.
- It can cut the cost of drug screening and assessment because it is computer generated, and does not need a trained professional for administration.
2.1The testing of a person or group of people for the presence of a disease or other condition: prenatal screening for Down syndrome
More example sentences
- Papanicolaou test and mammography screenings are current.
- After an initial screening and baseline blood tests, the patients were randomly divided into four groups.
- More frequent screenings with mammograms and MRI imaging can lead to early diagnosis.
Words that rhyme with screeninggreening, leaning, meaning, overweening, spring-cleaning
Definition of screening in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.