Adorn (whalebone, ivory, shells, or other materials) with carved or colored designs.
- While he was scrimshawing it, he was reminded of a puzzling question which of course I don't know the answer to.
- Some sea shells, such as abalone, have been scrimshawed and horn, particularly cattle horn, is also scrimshawed.
- It has been scrimshawed and carved by the hand of this talented carver.
Scrimshawed ivory or shells.
- History buffs and art lovers will find much to savor including scrimshaw at this noteworthy museum.
- Right now I currently do scrimshaw and other artwork.
- Pictured below are a several scrimshaw pieces that we have SOLD from our extensive inventory of antique scrimshaw.
Early 19th century: of unknown origin; perhaps influenced by the surname Scrimshaw.
Definition of scrimshaw in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.