Definition of scrolling in English:
The action of moving displayed text or graphics up, down, or across on a computer screen in order to view different parts of them.
- So there is no excuse for irritating scrolling of text up and down, especially when it's for quite small distances.
- Because parts are categorized, finding an item doesn't require extensive searching or scrolling.
- Incidentally the website is based, as you discover rather late in the day, on horizontal scrolling.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
(Of an ornamental design or carving) made to resemble a partly unrolled scroll of parchment.
- The field is patterned with flowering trees and Mughal-style angels or peris and there is a wide border with a scrolling design of flowers and birds.
- The Ashburnham hangings are based primarily on English crewel work bed hangings with more freely scrolling tree designs than is found in Mughal floorspreads.
- The scrolling brass inlay on this cup is a relatively unusual feature although German tankards were occasionally decorated the same way.
Definition of scrolling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan