- A jay with blue and gray plumage and no crest, found in Mexico, the western US, and central Florida.
More example sentences
- Aphelocoma coerulescens, family Corvidae
- Feline predators are believed to prey on common species, such as cardinals, blue jays, and house wrens, as well as rare and endangered species, such as piping plovers and Florida scrub jays.
- In the case of Western scrub jays, a previous study by Emery and Clayton suggests jays with past experience of pilfering food caches collected by other jays can then use this knowledge to protect their own caches.
- When I got back to California, the scrub jays in my yard looked like miniature Mexican jays, but I soon got used to them and began to fall in love with them all over again.