- A nurse who assists a surgeon by performing certain specialized duties during a surgical operation.More example sentences
- One difference is that most Taiwanese hospitals continue to have an RN circulating nurse and scrub nurse for each surgical patient.
- For example, advanced neurosurgery requires a neurosurgeon, an anesthesiologist, a neurophysiologist, a scrub nurse, and various nurses assuming other roles.
- During the clinical phase with preceptors, one of the new nurses pointed out that a scrub nurse was using suture packages to rectify an incorrect needle count.
More definitions of scrub nurseDefinition of scrub nurse in:
- The British & World English dictionary