1A brush or other object used to clean something.
- She looked around, and saw a bottle of hotel shampoo, and a brush scrubber.
- ‘I was cleaning,’ she fumbled, looking down at the scrubber lying near her feet.
- Then scrub that area with a stiff brush, electric scrubber or very fine steel wool pads to loosen old wax.
1.2An apparatus using water or a solution for purifying gases or vapors.
- The chimneys at these fertiliser plants are fitted with scrubbers to trap these toxins, and all of this noxious material is collected in a solution known as scrubbers liquor.
- If the air is dirty, there must be a missing scrubber on a smokestack or a drainpipe that needs a filter.
- There are logically three possibilities: a dirty surface of some kind, particle-laden air, as in a scrubber or an air purifier - or possibly, both.
Words that rhyme with scrubberblubber, clubber, grubber, lubber, rubber, snubber
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of scrubber in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.