Definition of scuba in English:
- Try-dives are organised to give anyone interested a taste of breathing underwater using a scuba unit in a safe, controlled environment.
- Shooters can fill the compressed air tank from either a standard scuba tank or from a high-pressure hand pump.
- Breathing the very cold air from an open-circuit scuba system can chill the inner core of the body; after all, the lungs are a major area of blood supply.
- For my last dive in North Cyprus I abandoned scuba gear to snorkel in shallow water without disturbing the feeding green turtles.
- Our art class prepares for the dive by making cardboard scuba gear.
- We recommend Louise takes the option which includes scuba gear and oxygen rental, so she won't need to bring her own equipment.
1950s: acronym from self-contained underwater breathing apparatus.
Definition of scuba in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia