A sedentary marine coelenterate with a columnar body that bears a ring of stinging tentacles around the mouth.
- Order Actiniaria, class Anthozoa
More example sentences
- Our last day together we took a trip to the coast at low tide and saw sea anemones, barnacles, and mussels in the tide pools.
- Scattered about were sea anemones, reddish lumps in the daylight, but, I was told, when they opened at night their massed tentacles would be almost scarlet.
- There were sea anemones, lots of colorful starfish, and even some sea urchins.
Definition of sea anemone in:
- The British & World English dictionary