Definition of sea lavender in English:
A chiefly maritime plant with small pink or lilac funnel-shaped flowers. Several kinds are cultivated and some are used as everlasting flowers.
- Genus Limonium (formerly Statice), family Plumbaginaceae
- On the coast, saltmarshes are covered with sea lavender.
- I planted the pen with sea lavender (Statice), which is available in nurseries here.
- Higher up you will find others such as Sea Purslane, Sea Aster and Sea Lavender; the latter two have vivid mauve flowers.
Definition of sea lavender in:
- British & World English dictionary