Definition of sea lion in English:
1An eared seal occurring mainly on Pacific coasts, the large male of which has a mane on the neck and shoulders.
- Five genera and species in the family Otariidae
- ‘I got to pat a kangaroo and feed a sea lion,’ Joaquin mused.
- The Steller sea lion is an animal that's survived natural cycles in North Pacific waters for 3 million years.
- A sea lion lets out a single long deep-throated bellow that eerily pierces the air like an elephant's roar.
Definition of sea lion in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.