Definition of sea mouse in English:
A large marine bristle-worm with a stout, oval body that bears matted, furlike, iridescent chaetae.
- Genus Aphrodite, class Polychaeta
- Some polychaetes such as the sea mouse also bear a ventral muscular, creeping sole.
- We have found another stray from the deep, a creature we had been curious to see for years - the ratfish, or sea mouse.
- Various species of polychaete are known as lugworms, clam worms, bristleworms, and sea mice.
Definition of sea mouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.