Definition of sea pen in English:
A marine coelenterate related to the corals, forming a feather-shaped colony with a horny or calcareous skeleton.
- Order Pennatulacea, class Anthozoa
- Among the strait's most impressive creatures is the beautiful sea pen, and these beautiful animals are often displayed in public aquariums.
- Anthozoans include sea anemones, a variety of corals, sea fans, and sea pens.
- There is no coral reef as such, but there are plenty of soft corals, sponges, gorgonia and some very colourful sea pens.
Definition of sea pen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India