Definition of sea snake in English:
A venomous marine snake with a flattened tail that lives in the warm coastal waters of the Indian and Pacific oceans and does not come onto land.
- Subfamily Hydrophiinae, family Elapidae: several genera and species, including the yellow-bellied sea snake (Pelamis platurus), the only species found in the open ocean
- It's amazing how fast you can fin when a yellow-belly sea snake is chasing your tail!
- A sea snake can live its whole life without ever touching land.
- A seafood that is peculiar to Okinawa is the sea snake caught in the neighbouring subtropical waters.
Definition of sea snake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan