- The degree of turbulence at sea, generally measured on a scale of 0 to 9 according to average wave height.More example sentences
- We've simulated the generation of a very big wave in a realistic sea state by adding up individual frequency components.
- The ships encountered 30-knot winds and a sea state of three to four.
- The weather was perfect, with no wind, a sea state of 1 and less than ten per cent ice in the area.
More definitions of sea stateDefinition of sea state in:
- The British & World English dictionary