- A bird that frequents the sea or coast.More example sentences
- The story is somewhat confused, but it may be that the word was first applied to the Great Auk, a flightless seabird now extinct which, like the penguin, used its wings to swim underwater.
- So did populations of sooty shearwaters, a seabird that eats young fish and large plankton, which plummeted 90 percent.
- The marbled murrelet, a bird about the size of a robin, is the only seabird to nest in old growth forest.
More definitions of seabirdDefinition of seabird in:
- The British & World English dictionary