Definition of seagrass in English:
A grasslike plant that lives in or close to the sea, especially eelgrass.
- Genera Cymodocea (family Cymodoceaceae), Zostera (family Zosteraceae), and others
- Autecological studies on seagrasses have documented that seagrass distribution is strongly related to physiology and growth characteristics, including water depth and salinity zonation.
- Some are herbivores, grazing on the filamentous algae covering coral reefs, and a few eat seagrasses and algae on reef flats.
- The nutrient-enriched water causes an explosive growth of tiny plants and animals that coat the leaves of the seagrasses.
Definition of seagrass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.