Definition of seakale in English:
A maritime Eurasian plant of the cabbage family, sometimes cultivated for its edible young shoots.
- Crambe maritima, family Brassicaceae
- Sea Kale was widely grown in the past for the table and still is by its fans.
- One of the joys of living in Angus is my proximity to the only commercial producer of sea kale in Great Britain.
- Very young sea kale can be eaten raw (when it's just emerging in February).
Definition of seakale in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan