Definition of sealcoating in English:
The application of a sealing coat to a paved surface in order to prolong its integrity.
- During the sealcoating process pea gravel is embedded in an oil emulsion to create the new wearing surface.
- If the man at your door doesn't have a tank that's actively mixing the sealcoating material, send him on his way.
- To understand how sealcoating works, it is necessary to understand the nature of the asphalt pavement itself.
- 1sealcoat verb
- Example sentences
- He stated that the parking lot was asphalt and a few years ago they sealcoated it.
- How long until I can drive on my driveway which was sealcoated today?
- Our lot was sealcoated last year, is in good shape, but doesn't have the real bright look like it did when it was first sealed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.