Definition of seascape in English:
1A view of an expanse of sea.
- We offer the natural wonders of whales, icebergs and seabirds framed by dramatic seascape, landscape and unique culture.
- The far-flung views offer one of the most superb blends of seascape and mountain possible.
- Some of the protected areas in this seascape are already World Heritage sites.
1.1A picture of a view of an expanse of sea.
- Turner's seascapes are never merely paintings of the sea.
- He often concentrated on views of rivers or estuaries with a strong diagonal axis, and also occasionally painted seascapes.
- At the Met, Paul Signac and his luminous seascapes emerge from Seurat's shadow.
Definition of seascape in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan