- 1Of or relating to oil or fat.More example sentences
- The mass was excised and was characterized histologically as another proliferative cystic sebaceous tumor.
- Their sebaceous differentiation is confirmed by epithelial membrane antigen expression.
- They are made up predominantly of ectodermal components (hair, calcifications, sebaceous material) and have a large cystic component.
- 1.1Of or relating to a sebaceous gland or its secretion.More example sentences
- Cutaneous glands include the sebaceous, sweat, lacrimal, and mammary glands.
- Sebaceous glands develop at puberty in response to androgen stimulation and are attached to the follicle canal by sebaceous ducts.
- Doxycycline is a tetracycline derivative that exhibits excellent penetration into follicles and sebaceous glands.
early 18th century: from Latin sebaceus (from sebum 'tallow') + -ous.
More definitions of sebaceousDefinition of sebaceous in:
- The British & World English dictionary