Definition of seclusion in English:
1The state of being private and away from other people: they enjoyed ten days of peace and seclusion
More example sentences
- After a day in seclusion, relatives of executed American hostage Paul Johnson Jr. released a statement.
- Without security, regardless of their legitimate rights, women will be fearful and will choose to remain in seclusion.
- At the same time, authorities couldn't hold such a prominent figure in seclusion for interrogation indefinitely.
- Example sentences
- The monk tried six times to travel to Japan to spread Buddhism to that seclusive country.
- They're much more seclusive, having been able to avoid us thus far.
- Her career as a factory laborer lasted about 40 years, and neighbors testified she lived a ‘seclusive’ live, reading, going to church, and enjoying the company of her sisters.