Definition of seclusion in English:
1The state of being private and away from other people: they enjoyed ten days of peace and seclusion
More example sentences
- After a day in seclusion, relatives of executed American hostage Paul Johnson Jr. released a statement.
- Without security, regardless of their legitimate rights, women will be fearful and will choose to remain in seclusion.
- At the same time, authorities couldn't hold such a prominent figure in seclusion for interrogation indefinitely.
- Example sentences
- The monk tried six times to travel to Japan to spread Buddhism to that seclusive country.
- They're much more seclusive, having been able to avoid us thus far.
- Her career as a factory laborer lasted about 40 years, and neighbors testified she lived a ‘seclusive’ live, reading, going to church, and enjoying the company of her sisters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan