Definition of second cousin once removed in English:
1A child of one’s second cousin.
- He was my second cousin once removed.
- Hume was Burns' second cousin once removed, and he dabbled in poetry himself.
- Only the march of time and events allowed her to consolidate her position and keep England together until an obvious Protestant heir had emerged, in the person of second cousin once removed, James VI of Scotland.
2One’s parent’s second cousin.
- Daisy was Nick's second cousin once removed, and Tom was Daisy's husband and classmate of Nick's from school.
- He has a seemingly inexhaustible number of nephews, nieces, and second cousins once removed.
- Don't make a big deal out of this or you're going to find yourself going with your second cousin once removed.
Definition of second cousin once removed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan