Definition of second floor in English:
1North American The floor directly above the ground floor.
- On the second floor, laying directly over the front of the restaurant was his home.
- They pounded their way up through the stair well to the second floor of the building.
- The bedroom and our water storage tank and pressurizing system are on the second floor.
1.1British The floor two levels above the ground floor.
- People from this hotel have been moved up from the first floor and the ground floor to the second floor to get them away from any flooding risk.
- Mr. John Taylor saw evidence of active dry rot beneath the floorboards at second floor level.
- A man dressed in a white suit looked down from the balcony of the second floor to the dance floor.
Definition of second floor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan