- A substance whose release within a cell is promoted by a hormone and that brings about a response by the cell.More example sentences
- Fatty acids function as second messengers and coregulators of gene transcription.
- Examples of proteins and second messengers that appear to act in multiple response pathways are also described.
- This enzyme is abundantly expressed in the lung tissue and thereby stabilizes the second messenger.
More definitions of second messengerDefinition of second messenger in:
- The British & World English dictionary