Definition of second-rate in English:
Of mediocre or inferior quality: a second-rate theater
More example sentences
- Now I don't have to drag myself to the second-rate theater where this film is playing in Madison.
- That means challenging Scots to better themselves instead of meekly accepting shoddy and second-rate services.
- I don't want to write anything shoddy or second-rate just because it will get on.
- Example sentences
- Wouldn't it be a lot more reassuring, for most of us, to believe that second-raters can make it, at least once in a while?
- Keating is a duplicitous second-rater who never has an original idea and consequently enjoys much success.
- So if we think we're running against a second-rater without gravitas, we're dead wrong.
Pronunciation: /ˈˌsekən(d) ˈˌrādər/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.