- 1Of or relating to a section or subdivision of a larger whole: a sectional championshipMore example sentences
- Rather than a California high school state championship, several sectional meets were held throughout the state to wrap up the 2002-03 high school season.
- Earlier, he coached the girl's basketball team to three titles and two sectional championships, and also served as assistant coach for boys' basketball and football.
- The sectional championship program will provide a niche and serve a purpose for a broader range of individuals and teams.
- 1.1Of or relating to a section or group within a community: the chairman of the commission looked on sectional interests as a danger to the common goodMore example sentences
- But in the parliament in August, the only opposition came from parties that represent sectional and regional interests.
- We come from Lismore's urban, village, and rural areas and do not represent any party, business or sectional interest.
- Some eight years down the road, it is important that vocal sectional interests do not blind the community to reforms that are in the public interest.
- 1.2Of or relating to a view of the structure of an object in section: sectional drawingsMore example sentences
- There will be working models and sectional views to explain how important it is to conserve and tap rainwater.
- Lightweight technology is applied to commands such as dimensioning, mating, components insertion, interference detection, and sectional views.
- A follow-up CT scan of the chest 6 months later included sectional views of the upper abdomen and showed an abnormality in the pancreas.
- 1.3Made or supplied in sections: sectional sills, made from more than one piece of timberMore example sentences
- Finally, a student named Ben was selling a sectional couch in the classifieds section.
- Families have a permanent base to park their caravans or erect sectional buildings.
- The project saw the aging clubhouse replaced by a sectional timber building.
nounNorth American Back to top
- A sofa made in sections that can be used separately as chairs.More example sentences
- Meanwhile, cowering on the leather sectionals, bewildered parents plead to the camera for a nanny intervention.
- Niccy led me into the living room and sat down on our red sectional.
- Admitting one into your living room will suck the life force from your leather sectional, fireplace, and Pre-Raphaelite art pieces.
- More example sentences
- Certainly I think they'll stay for the most part like this for a while, but I may choose to sectionalise them a bit later on.
- The outer movements are sectionalized; each contains a highly ornamented Capriccio.
- I am not sure but I think the sides were sectionalized and dropped down across the gap, between the tracks.
- More example sentences
- That's partially, I think, why Electric Version is a harder thing to grasp at first than the first album, Mass Romantic - it's more fractured and short, sectionally.
- These protests were invariably portrayed by the various governments as selfish or sectionally motivated and as a disruption of patient care.