A grasslike plant with triangular stems and inconspicuous flowers, growing typically in wet ground. Sedges are widely distributed throughout temperate and cold regions.
- Family Cyperaceae: Carex and other genera
More example sentences
- Grasses, sedges and bamboos are grown mostly for their foliage and anything that enhances that effect is worth having.
- Mallards are omnivorous, eating seeds, stems, and roots from a variety of aquatic plants, especially sedges, grasses, pondweeds, and smartweeds.
- Also present are bog asphodel, deer grass and sedges such as slender sedge and bog sedge.
Definition of sedge in:
- The British & World English dictionary