- 1Of or relating to sediment.More example sentences
- This habitat is dominated by fine sedimentary material, brought into the estuary by the tidal flow, which forms the mud flats.
- Rifts typically also exhibit characteristic seismic and volcanic features, and contain thick sedimentary deposits.
- 1.1 Geology (Of rock) that has formed from sediment deposited by water or air.More example sentences
- Above these sedimentary rocks is a sequence of interbedded alluvial floodplain deposits and palaeosols.
- However, the fossil graveyard is a sedimentary basin where fossils would be concentrated.
- The present juxtaposition of the two sedimentary basins may have resulted from two separate events.
More definitions of sedimentaryDefinition of sedimentary in:
- The British & World English dictionary