(also sedimentation constant)
- A quantity related to the size of a microscopic particle, equal to the terminal outward velocity of the particle when centrifuged in a fluid medium divided by the centrifugal force acting on it, expressed in units of time.More example sentences
- This limitation arises from the complex relationship between the shape of a particle and its sedimentation coefficient.
- To this end, we defined a relationship between the sedimentation coefficient and amyloid fibril length by calculating the theoretical sedimentation coefficient of fibril bead models.
- A popular and generally much more robust approach is the interpretation of the weight-average sedimentation coefficient as a function of loading concentration.
More definitions of sedimentation coefficientDefinition of sedimentation coefficient in:
- The British & World English dictionary