Definition of segmented in English:
1Consisting of or divided into segments: segmented labor markets
More example sentences
- Devalorization of cultural capital caused by this disparity in salaries in a segmented labor market unsettled the positive correlation that existed between cultural capital and income and engendered a status reversal.
- In the 1970s and 1980s, considerable work was done on modifying human capital theory to take account of dual or segmented labour markets.
- An understanding of internal and segmented labor markets helps explain variations in the social composition of the armed forces.
1.1 Zoology (Of an animal’s body or appendage) formed of a longitudinal series of similar parts.
- The crustaceans are a class of the phylum Arthropoda, a large and important phylum that includes animals with a segmented body, hard exoskeleton, and many jointed legs.
- Arthropods are bilaterally symmetrical protostomes with strongly segmented bodies.
- These species are notable for the plesiomorphic retention of venation (albeit already quite reduced) in their tegmina, segmented cerci, and pentamerous tarsi.
Definition of segmented in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan