- An upright kneeling position that is traditionally used in Japan in meditation and as part of the preparation in martial arts.More example sentences
- Beginning kata from seiza (kneeling position) not only trains one in the most basic of postures, but the position is also an important physical aspect of traditional Japanese culture.
- All of the Omori ryu kata save one begin from the kneeling position of seiza.
- A bow from seiza (kneeling position) is most formal.
Japanese, from sei 'correct' + za 'sitting'.
More definitions of seizaDefinition of seiza in:
- The British & World English dictionary