- The capacity for or process of reacting to certain stimuli selectively when several occur simultaneously.More example sentences
- To illustrate the use of confidence intervals in this context, consider a study in which different groups of subjects are assigned to different conditions in a study of selective attention involving Stroop stimuli.
- This reconfiguration code could involve selective attention to the task-relevant stimulus set or memory for the relevant category associations.
- One cognitive process that has shown that shift is selective attention, which is the ability of a person to focus on one stimulus while ignoring others.
More definitions of selective attentionDefinition of selective attention in:
- The British & World English dictionary