- The belittling or humiliation of oneself: he began to apologize with copious tears and self-abasementMore example sentences
- I realized that this self-abasement or internalized moralistic rebuke was what I had been writing about from the very beginning.
- The self-abasement, you'll have noticed, is rhetorical.
- From clinical examinations, most NE children suffer from mental problems such as depression, self-abasement and difficulties in dealing with personal relations.
More definitions of self-abasementDefinition of self-abasement in:
- The British & World English dictionary