Definition of self-absorption in English:
1Preoccupation with one’s own emotions, interests, or situation.
- Therapism celebrates emotional self-absorption and the sharing of feelings.
- The Church has lost a sense of mission, turning inwards in self-absorption, anxious to protect itself, forgetting that it is no more than a means to an end, the end being the Kingdom of God.
- With or without leadership contests, the conference season brings out the narcissism and self-absorption of politicians to a degree the public can only find repellent.
- Example sentences
- Saying this man was selfish and self-absorbed would be a gross understatement.
- You know I can often be self-pitying, self-absorbed and downright selfish?
- I'm becoming so shut off I can't even be egocentric and self-absorbed anymore.
Pronunciation: /ˈˌself əbˈzôrbd/adjective
Definition of self-absorption in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.