Definition of self-admiration in English:
The admiration of oneself; pride.
- It is important to recognize our own weaknesses and not to be caught up in self-admiration.
- While lagging behind on covetousness and lust, we beat all comers in the sheer weight of our self-admiration.
- Fortunately, I have enough money and self-admiration to be far removed from the harsh stares of the other diners.
- Example sentences
- Let me remind you again that these leaders are narcissistic - that is, they are self-loving, self-admiring, egocentric and self-centred.
- It is about the long-term struggle for class-consciousness, and the creation of an industrious, militant, self-congratulatory and self-admiring working class.
- Even in Italy, he created increasingly abstract and artificial effects, but always for religious purposes and never with the self-admiring, arch cleverness of the Mannerists.
Definition of self-admiration in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan