Definition of self-assembly in English:
2British The construction of an object, especially a piece of furniture, from materials sold in kit form: [as modifier]: self-assembly furniture
More example sentences
- With portable flat-pack, self-assembly furniture and increase in built-in storage space, the wheel has almost turned full circle.
- The main advantage of Microsoft products is that, like IKEA self-assembly furniture, they are character-building.
- When it comes to piecing together a performance, they can, at their worst, resemble a befuddled man confronted by self-assembly furniture.
- Example sentences
- In contrast to the SMBVs, however, the membrane of Lipobead self-assembles without any homogenization, probably by using the anchors as pinning centers.
- In vitro, fibrinogen self-assembles into a cross-linked and branched semiflexible fibrin network upon activation by thrombin.
- The new ink Xerox has developed is based on a polythiophene semi-conductor, which self-assembles into ordered nano-particles that are stable even when dispersed in liquid.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan