Definition of self-dependence in English:
Reliance on one’s own strengths rather than on others; independence.
- What Hegel does is attempt to understand the state as the realization of human freedom as radical self-dependence.
- He stressed that self-employment and self-dependence empower women.
- However, is it really fair to say that a degree is necessary for an acceptable level of self-dependence?
- Example sentences
- On this list of people are those who no longer possess relevant skills, or are unable to adapt and become self-dependent.
- Overcoming the trauma, she has become a role model for the disabled in being self-dependent.
- The world of the Army removes you entirely from class and also makes you very self-dependent.
Definition of self-dependence in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan