Reliance on one’s own strengths rather than on others; independence.
More example sentences
- What Hegel does is attempt to understand the state as the realization of human freedom as radical self-dependence.
- He stressed that self-employment and self-dependence empower women.
- However, is it really fair to say that a degree is necessary for an acceptable level of self-dependence?
- More example sentences
- On this list of people are those who no longer possess relevant skills, or are unable to adapt and become self-dependent.
- Overcoming the trauma, she has become a role model for the disabled in being self-dependent.
- The world of the Army removes you entirely from class and also makes you very self-dependent.
Definition of self-dependence in:
- The British & World English dictionary