Modesty about or criticism of oneself.
- In an industry famed for its confidence and self-belief, there's no room for coyness or self-depreciation.
- He is full of canny self-depreciation and self-belief and it has undoubtedly rubbed off on his players.
- Could self-depreciation also be a human right?
- Example sentences
- I'll have to admit, I laughed pretty hard at these short trailers - it's nice to know Disney sometimes has a self-depreciating sense of humor.
- The self-depreciating humour comes naturally, and perhaps it is part of a good-natured armoury which has allowed him to keep his spirits up when not involved in first-team action.
- When she sobers up, she becomes painfully self-depreciating and whiny, which isn't any better.
Definition of self-depreciation in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.