- another term for self-deprecation (see self-deprecating).More example sentences
- In an industry famed for its confidence and self-belief, there's no room for coyness or self-depreciation.
- He is full of canny self-depreciation and self-belief and it has undoubtedly rubbed off on his players.
- Could self-depreciation also be a human right?
- More example sentences
- I'll have to admit, I laughed pretty hard at these short trailers - it's nice to know Disney sometimes has a self-depreciating sense of humor.
- The self-depreciating humour comes naturally, and perhaps it is part of a good-natured armoury which has allowed him to keep his spirits up when not involved in first-team action.
- When she sobers up, she becomes painfully self-depreciating and whiny, which isn't any better.
More definitions of self-depreciationDefinition of self-depreciation in:
- The British & World English dictionary